Finding a Calgary daycare in which you are comfortable with is a daring feat. There are several daycare centers throughout the area, and more of these are appearing every year. However, not every daycare is created equal. Child care in Calgary is an area that is growing rapidly. Why is this? Because there is such a need for child care in this area, as many parents are holding down full time employment.
Ultimately, when looking for child care in Calgary, you want a place that is going to treat your child as you would. You want your child to be feel save, to learn and to grow to become an independent person. You never want to worry about what could be happening while you are away, as this is one way for parents in Calgary to drive themselves crazy during the workday.
So, how does one start the process of finding a Calgary daycare that is going to meet their needs? We have developed a few tips to consider:
- Make a list of all the available daycare locations throughout Calgary and jot these down. Don’t forget to include 2000 Days!
- Call these daycares to see if they have openings. Most Calgary child care centers are going to have open enrollment periods. These are periods in which parents can sign their child up for the care that they need. However, during other times of the years, it could be that they are not taking new kids. Thus, you need to determine when you could get your child into these daycare centers. It is best to start early in finding these locations, especially if you have a set time for when you must be back in the workplace.
- Set up interviews with these locations throughout Calgary to see how they function as a day care center. Here at 2000 Days, we welcome parents to come in and see how our curriculum is, along with our average day with the kids.
- Once you set up the interview and have looked at these child care centers in Calgary, sit down and decide. This can involve making a few pros and cons list to find the best daycare for your little one, as you want this to be a fit.
- Confirm your spot at the Calgary daycare in which you are interested in your child attending. Be sure to confirm drop off and pick up times, along with the date in which your child is set to start.